Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I don't want to jinx it, but I think Spring has Sprung

I'm very excited and a little wary at the same time.  I mean, it's not yet officially the start of spring but the trees are telling me (and have been telling me for the past two weeks at least) that it's time.  But has it really?  Or is winter just tricking me?

Leaves have been bursting out of buds all over the place.  
Apricot Tree
Persimmon Tree
As have the flowers.  
Avocado tree about to bloom
Apricot blossom
Jasmine flowers

And the apricot tree now has little bitty fruits.  Note to self: hurry up and get that bird net up - there was a lorikeet hanging from one of those branches the other day eating everything in sight!


The mulberry tree is also covered with little mulberries.  Must net this one too.
I love this time of year so very very much I can hardly sit still for the love of it.

I even went out yesterday and planted some bean seeds.  And today I'm going to transplant the zucchini seedlings growing on my window-sill.

Game of me I know.

Expect a frost sometime in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...