Thursday, September 1, 2011

Simple and Easy

Thursdays are big days in our house.  For me, it's Super C Day.  For the LOML it's late night shopping so an 8pm finish at the shop (better than 9pm at the other shopping centres.  And don't even get me started on the waste of time that is late night shopping especially when we now have 7 day trading - that's a whole other rant!).

So on big days like this the last thing I feel like doing when I get home after 8 is cook dinner.  And the last thing both the LOML and I feel like eating is a big meal.  It's midnight before we've wound down enough to sleep as it is.

That's why on Thursdays, we have this.....
....eggs and spaghetti on toast.  Ripper.  Ready in about 8 minutes (I have it down pat), consumed in 2!  

Tonight, being Thursday night, was no exception.  Eggs and spaghetti on toast.  And look at what I scored - a double yolker!  The LOML got one as well! These eggs are from a friend of a friend since our girls are holding out on us.

I always feel like a winner when I crack a double yolker.  One time I got some eggs from the Sunday markets - 10 (big) eggs in the carton, 9 of them double yolkers, 1 triple.  I've never seen a triple yolker and doubt I ever will again!  They tasted delish too!

I love eggs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...