Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new month, a new look...

For quite a while now I have been reading Fiona's blog with a rather serious case of blog-header-envy.  Not only does she take the most beautiful photos and write in a way that hooks me, but her header catches my attention every time and has made me try and try in vain for way too long on way too many nights to attempt to replicate my own version....

...until just now!  Playing around with a few thingys and whatsits, pressing a button here, losing an image there, and then suddenly I made it work!  Hooray!!!  Best of all, I think I knew what I did so that I can do it all again.  Magic!

So Fiona, in a modest attempt at imitation (it is the biggest form of flattery after all), I'm going to steal replicate your wonderful monthly changing header.  It's like having a big spring clean every month, moving the furniture, cleaning the windows, even wiping the top of the ceiling fan blades!


I think I may have started a new addiction for myself.  I am loving the collage look....I also just found photos buried on the hard drive that I forgot I had...it's like Christmas!!


If you haven't seen Fiona's headers, pop on over and have a look....I love them....and then, best of all, at the end of the year they make up a post of their very own - a photo gallery of sorts of the year that was...(http://cattle-kids-chaos.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/2011-year-in-blog-headers.html)....fantastic!

Thanks Fiona for the inspiration!


2 comments:

  1. I haven't quite worked out the making-a-picture-header thing yet, so well done you! It looks great!
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much -though more thanks to Fiona for the inspiration! I also happened across a book at the library last week on 'blissful blogging' that had very clear instructions on making it happen...one more reason to love the library!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...