Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cooties, cakes and dragons

Today I'm feeling a little....bleh.  I think I'm coming down with the cootie that the LOML had on the weekend.  Of course, mine won't be anwhere near as bad as what he had.  I don't yet have the high fever but I've got the 'am I hot? or am I cold?' thing on the go.  I'm also a bit space-cadety.  Bugger that I'm about to go into the shop for the afternoon....who knows what could happen.

Despite starting to not feel so good, I'm going with the denial method of dealing with it.  I've had two panadol for the headache and numerous vitamin C tablets for the achey throat/ flu-like feeling - other than that there's not much else I can do at this stage.  Hopefully my immune system will do it's thing and fight the good fight.

Anyway, this is what I've been doing this morning....
I've finished off the cake I started icing the other week.
I must say I'm pretty happy with the result.  Not too bad for a first effort after the training course.  Some of the finishes don't bear close scrutiny but considering I don't have all the necessary tools for finishing, not a bad effort at all if I do say so myself.

I am stoked with the way the flowers came out though.  Seven second rose is what they're called and while they take a little longer than 7 seconds to make, they don't take anywhere near as long as you would think!  I also totally am in love with the shimmer powder - v. glam!

I don't know what I'll do with this cake - I don't eat fruit cake myself (and there is waaayyyy too much sugar icing for the LOML).  Most likely I'll give it to my mum.  Then she can decide what to do with it!!

Dibo the Gift Dragon
I'm about to start on another fruit cake (to keep on practicing and hopefully mastering those skills)....maybe later in the week.  I also have my nephews birthday cake in a fortnight.  He has requested Dibo the Gift Dragon.  I'll have my work cut out for me.  Good thing he's only a little tyke so really anything with coloured sugar icing (the more the merrier) will be the best thing ever!

Watch this space for photos of the Dibo cake (and stories of the resulting sugar high)....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...