Thursday, March 3, 2011

The chook who clucked 'wolf'

Every morning my chickens, like most chickens I'm sure, announce to the world that they've laid an egg.

A loud cacaphony of clucks and brawks that really lets a person know how great they are for what they've accomplished.

This morning was no exception. 

From the sound level, and the length of time it went on for, I was expecting great things.  Will I need to make an immediate call to the Guinness World Records people announcing the arrival of the World's Biggest Egg?  Should I take photos and email them to all the national newspapers?  Or would I be best to keep it a secret for now and see if I can make some dosh on the blackmarket?  My goodness, where to start!

So I went down to check it out. 

............

The egg on the right is what I found....
Normal egg....vs.....today's egg
I must admit to being a little ticked off - all that noise? and for that?  You're joking me!

Don't get me wrong, if I had to be squeezing something that size from my nether regions every other day I'd be announcing my success loudly and proudly to the world each time as well, but really....

Moral to this story - keep your expectations low so you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...