Sunday, April 10, 2011

Is there a cure?

Sometimes I do stupid things.  Whether as a result of rushing things, not thinking things through or not following instructions the outcome is pretty predictable.  Doesn't happen that often but when it does all I can do is laugh.  Otherwise I'd cry.


Tonight was a doozy. 


I've had such a great day too, it's a shame it's had to end this way.  The weather was glorious so I spent the afternoon out in the veggie garden weeding, planting seedlings, mulching etc and then tonight we had a spontaneous BBQ dinner with all the family at our house.  A great day.


And now that everyone has gone home I've decided to complete a task that has been on my to-do list for a week or so - dye a pair of my jeans a darker blue.


I was being so careful - managing to get the dye all mixed up and jeans soaking without making too much of a mess - certainly making sure not to get any on my clothes.  I was being so careful.....


And then I pulled off my gloves....


Must make sure next time that the gloves don't have holes in them.


Anyone have any solutions for removing dye from skin?

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear. I have to say I'm relieved though - I read the post after I saw the photo, and I thought you'd somehow managed to bruise your hands massively..

    For what it's worth, that's the sort of thing I do all the time... ;-)

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turns out that scrubbing your hands vigorously does remove some of the dye - but at the expense of your skin - my hands are stinging from having the top layer removed (well, not quite, but it sure feels like it!). They're still blue though. :(

    Makes me wonder what else is in store for me this week after the dump-lip episode on Monday and then this last night.....bad things come in threes and all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm afraid I haven't a clue! But before the dye wears off, I hope you tell a different story to everyone who asks. Keep 'em guessing!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...