Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No, you're doing it wrong, this is how you should do it....

Do you have one of these people in your life?  Someone who knows everything, about everything?  Got a question?  Just ask them, they'll tell you.  They'll also tell you if you don't ask.  They're good like that, saving you from asking.

I can take these people in small doses.  Very small.

I find it very hard to bite my tongue and not say anything.  Very hard. 

After a while I have a tendency to snap, particularly when it is something I know a lot about and I know what they are saying is complete rubbish and totally wrong.  Still, it is hard to remain polite when doing this.  That's why my usual response is to remove myself from the situation.  Best scenario all-round.

But what do you do when that person is staying with you?  In your house?  Sitting on your lounge?  Eating your food?  And will continue to do so until the roads are re-opened and they can GO HOME?!?! 

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for differences of opinion.  Individuality is what makes the world go round.  But this individuality is trying to smother my own and make me conform to its way of thinking.

What is the etiquette in this situation?  Is there anything I can do that won't antagonise it further?  I would have thought that, being a guest in my house (particularly and unexpected and unplanned guest) this person would at least tone it down and be a bit more respectful and courteous.  That's what I would do. 

Clearly, I'm wrong.  I'm just waiting to be told so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...