Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Do I have to?


So I'm feeling a bit un-motivated at the moment.  Not the best thing to be when the house needs cleaning and we're running out of clean clothes....perhaps if I sit here long enough someone else will do it for me though I'm really not liking my chances on that one!!!  Maybe what I need is a little motivation - maybe of the liquid kind (it's 5 o'clock somewhere!).  Seriously though, if I started on the liquid motivation now NOTHING will get done!  What I need to do is just get off my butt and DO it rather than just think/ talk about it! 

I do love a bit of self-diagnosis and medicating.  I seem to do it a lot.  Solve all the world's problems without having to pay to see a doctor!  The LOML (love of my life) is the king of self-diagnosis (and self-medicating).  Strange how all his ailments are miraculously cured with the consumption of scotch.  Or beer.  Or chocolate.

Myself, I reckon sugar would solve all of my problems (not really, but an intensive trial could certainly find out for sure!).  I say that because I have currently been sugar-free (no added sugar) for about 5 months now.  There have been a few blowouts (Christmas with the rumballs, and new years with the lack of availabilty of sugar-free drinks) which I have dealt with quite admirably if I do say so myself.  The day after those sugar binges are HARD.  Major sugar low.  I find it very hard not to go out and inhale anything I can put my hands on (sweet stuff that is.  The thought of inhaling the 1kg bag of carrots in the bottom of the fridge at a time like this just doesn't cut it!).

Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up with more energy and get-up-and-go.  I do know that once I get started on whatever it is I need to do I'm fine....it's just STARTING that I have trouble with!  Here goes....

Right, okay, let's go, one foot in front of the other.....ooh look, the tv's on!  (aaahhhh, distraction - just one more way not to do what I need to do!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...