Monday, January 31, 2011

Beautiful Day

Today is a good day. 

Not for any particular reason other than the sun is shining and the birds are tweeting.

For a while there a number of years ago (before LOML) I was very sad.  Couldn't see the point of anything.  Spent most of my time when not at work curled up on my bed staring at the wall.  Or sleeping.  Or crying. 

Not good. 

Had I gone to a doctor I most likely would have been given a prescription for anti-depressants.  But I didn't.

Life seemed so unfair at the time.  I didn't know where I was going or how I was going to get there if I did by some miraculous turn of fate find out my direction.  I felt so alone in a big, bad world that was just chewing me up one day at a time.

Then I heard a song. 

A song that made that day, that moment in time, bearable. 

I heard it the next day too.  And the day after that.  Some days I heard it two, three times.  And the downhill slide slowly started to turn into an uphill struggle.

Eventually I won.  And life got better.  Better than I ever imagined it could possibly be.

I still hear the song every now and then.  It still makes me feel good.  I smile more and feel happier.  For no other reason than I heard the song.


What is the song you ask? 


Not a song you would probably think could make such a difference to a sad girl's life.  Not a song that would be listed in the Top 100 Uplifting Tunes of the Year list.  Not even a song that you might rush out to buy RIGHT NOW because it was a number 1 best seller and all the cool kids had it.

But its catchy melody and sing-along-cos-you-know-the-words lyrics made it a bit of a hit and if I told you what it was, I know you'd know the words too.  Chances are you'd also say that it makes you smile. 

A good song all round. 

A song to make today or any day better, prettier, more uplifting.

It's a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...