Sunday, May 1, 2011

I went into the world today....

....and this is what I saw....
A single lime still growing amongst some amazingly long thorns....
Our second bunch of bananas this year - given the price of them in the shops at the moment, these are worth more than their weight in gold....
A pumpkin vine taking over...
Kiwi fruit in the hundreds....
Our lone custard apple....
A nosy chicken...
Persimmons coming on nicely...
Macadamias too...
The loquat tree starting to flower....
A monster cucumber that managed to escape detection for a number of days....
Passionfruits waiting to ripen....
Yummy winter strawberries....
And a beautiful flower to brighten my afternoon!


2 comments:

  1. NOT. FAIR.

    I'm a bit jealous. I want a kiwi tree-or bush- or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only I could share with you some of the thousands (no exaggeration!) that are on the vine.... it is insane how many are hanging under all the leaves waiting to ripen all at once (of course!) :)

    Our house is one of the original farmhouses in this area and I reckon these vines are at least 30 years old. They are HUGE and taking over the roof of the back shed.

    I'm currently searching for recipes to use them up - I'm thinking plenty of jellies and jams and a whole lot of just eating them as they are!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...