Friday, February 24, 2012

Can you smell that?

.....That scent in the air - a vague hint at something different, something new, something.....better than where I am right now.


That's what I'm picking up.

The times they are a-changing and the smell of it is making its mark on the air around me. 

It's making me excited.  It's making me take a big, deep breath and sigh in relief.  It's bringing a smile to my face and a foreign, forgotten, kind of relaxation to my shoulders.

After so many months of stagnation, going backwards and being a little bit afraid of what the future will bring, finally things are looking up.


I start my new job on Wednesday.

I applied online this Wednesday night just gone.  Thursday morning I got a phone call for an interview.  Today I had the interview.  Today I was offered the job.

Very happy right now.  And very relieved even more so.

Could be more exciting news to share soon too but I don't want to jinx it....

(No I'm not pregnant)

2 comments:

  1. All the best, Shelley, that is great news! Congratulations! (PS. Did you get the email I sent you a couple of weeks back?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Celia! I did get your email - thanks heaps. After I'd spent hours looking into flights and accommodation for Lucky Phil and his friend (it had been decided half way through that I wouldn't be going after all) he then decided not to go at all. Grrrrrr! But now I know where to stay in Sydney close to the Showgrounds so all is not lost!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...