Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sweet little thing

I don't do reptiles.

I despise snakes with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.  Really, I don't like them at all.

Frogs are cute until the moment they jump at me.  

Toads are evil invaders and ugly to boot.  

And lizards, well I'm sure they're nice but I'm happy for them to exist separate to me and my world.

And then I spotted this little mite in my strawberry patch the other morning....

hello little lizzie!  hope you are enjoying your sunning perch on that manky old orange!
....cute as a button.  I don't think the photo shows his size correctly but he was only about 8cm long - so little!

I'm sure I saw his (her?) parent lizard in the garden the other week - a bit of a novelty as they aren't often seen in suburbia (well, as suburbia as we live).  But mum/dad is a welcome addition to my vegetable patch so long as I see them well in advance and don't get scared witless thinking they're a snake as they scamper off through the weeds!

I really don't do snakes.


1 comment:

  1. I don't do snakes either, but I love lizards! And most amphibians too.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...