Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Let them eat cake!

I've been doing a cake decorating course one night a week for the past few weeks with a few more to go - loving every minute of it and learning SOOO much.

To put some of my newly-learned skills into practice I made my niece's 7th birthday cake over the weekend......she had picked out the design ages ago from a book on my shelf (I suspect the two little dollies were a big influence on the choice of this cake....!).

.....this is what it turned out like......


What do you think?  I'm pretty happy with the result considering I did it the night before.  With a bit more time I could have got the layers a bit neater and smoother (the cake itself was so soft it was hard to do anything!)....certainly a learning curve.  Watch out next year!

No matter what I thought of it (and I always see the faults and flaws in stuff I do myself) my niece was thrilled and absolutely loved it.  And really, that's all that matters.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...