Friday, August 31, 2012

Why hotels rock (a brief list)


  • Free stuff in the bathroom.  Especially good when it's a brand name selection.  But I'll take it all.  I don't use shower caps but I have a lot in my bathroom cupboard here at home, just in case.  Likewise body lotions, shampoos, conditioners and shower gel.
  • The pens on the  bedside table.  I don't collect much but the pens you get in hotels get me every time.  They have to have the hotel name on them though to be considered legit and allowed into the 'collection'.  At present I have about 20.  Is that enough to be called a collection?  Or is it still in the hoarding stage?  Especially since some no longer work....
  • The welcome message on the telly when you first turn it on (in the pricier hotels - you don't get that in a two-star in Tripoli).  
  • Someone other than yourself to make the bed in the morning.  And clean the bathroom.  And vacuum the floor.
  • Lots of hot water and fluffy white towels.  
  • The 'do not disturb' sign for the door.  

The more I think about it, it's the travelling I love the most - the hotels are just one part of it, just like the flight is merely a means to an end - it's the new experiences that matter the most.

But I still love hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...